Urology which is also known as genitourinary surgery, is a branch of medicine which focuses on the diseases of the male and female urinary-tract system and the male reproductive organs. Some of the most common illnesses which are to be treated by a urologist are kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, urinary tract infection, bladder control problems, prostate problems etc.
Some of the best Urology hospitals in Chandigarh are Fortis Hospital, Amcare Hospital and Mayo Hospital. Many private Urology clinics also find themselves on the ranks of the Urology centres due to their well accomplished Urology team of experienced doctors.
Often the initial diagnosis made by the doctor and the first impression of the hospital or medical centre is the reality.
- Most urologists should start off with a CT scan or ultrasound to check the urinary tract once the symptoms are explained.
- A urine sample test can be carried out to find the presence of any infection causing bacteria in the urinary tract.
- In some cases, when the doctor wants to be thorough with the examination, they may order a cystoscopy procedure.
- If there is a need to check the pressure and volume inside the bladder, urodynamic testing may also be carried out..
Common Surgical Procedures
Any hospital or medical clinic with a Urology department worth its name will be able to perform some of the basic surgical procedures related to Urology. They should have the right equipment and doctors with enough skill. Some common surgical procedures are;
- Kidney, prostate or bladder biopsy,
- kidney transplant,
- cystectomy, to remove bladder for cancer treatment,
- prostatectomy, to remove prostate for cancer treatment,
- repair of organs due to damage,
- ureteroscopy, to remove stones from the kidney and ureter, etc.
The best Urologist in Chandigarh will definitely be affiliated with a great Urology department at a hospital or have their own Urology Clinic. Any such doctor should have skills, expertise and popularity in the field. It is also essential that the doctor strictly adheres to the Medical Code of Ethics. One should always research all these parameters before placing your trust and body in the hands of any doctor.